Health Care Resources
“The degree to which individuals have the capacity to obtain, process, and understand basic health information and services needed to make appropriate health decisions.“
– National Network of Libraries of Medicine
- Consumer & Patient Information Services (CAPHIS)
- Biomedical Reference Collection: Basic Edition
- Access to more than 100 full text journals covering such disciplines as clinical medicine, dentistry, veterinary medicine, pre-clinical sciences and the health care system.
- Health Business™ FullTEXT
- Full text coverage of nearly 130 well-known administrative journals such as H&HN: Hospitals & Health Networks, Health Management Technology, Modern Healthcare, and many others.
- Health Source: Consumer Edition
- Rich collection of consumer health information available to libraries worldwide. This resource provides access to nearly 300 full text, consumer health periodicals, including American Fitness, Better Nutrition, Fit Pregnancy, Harvard Health Letter, HealthFacts, Men's Health, Muscle & Fitness, Prevention, Vegetarian Times, and many others.
- Health Source®: Nursing/Academic Edition
- 550 scholarly full text journals focusing on many medical disciplines.
- MedlinePlus will direct you to information to help answer health questions. MedlinePlus brings together authoritative information from NLM, the National Institutes of Health (NIH), and other government agencies and health-related organizations.
- MEDLINE® provides authoritative medical information on medicine, nursing, dentistry, veterinary medicine, the health care system, pre-clinical sciences, and much more.
- National Library of Medicine consumer website
- Maintained by the National Center for Biotechnology Information
- Managed by the US Department of Health and Human Services