General Rules And Regulations
Library users are asked to comply with the rules of conduct listed below. The following are prohibited at The East Chicago Public Library:
- Obscene and/or abusive language or gestures.
- Creating a public disturbance.
- Harassing or threatening behavior.
- Sexual acts.
- Display, use or possession of weapons.
- Smoking, eating or drinking.
- Use of alcohol or illegal substances.
- Sleeping or loitering.
- Soliciting public or staff on Library premises.
- Use of cell phones other than in designated areas.
- Use of bicycles, skates, skateboards, scooters or similar items.
- Animals, other than those assisting persons with disabilities.
- Mutilating, damaging or defacing any Library materials including tampering with or changing configurations or software on Library computers or displacing, disabling or unplugging Library equipment.
- Engaging in any activity that is a violation of criminal or civil codes of law